- Administration Division
- Correctional Programs Division
- Health Services Division
- Human Resource Management Division
- Federal Prison Industries
- Information, Policy, & Public Affairs Division
- National Institute of Corrections
- Office of General Counsel
- Program Review Division
- Reentry Services Division
The Central Office campus is located in Washington, DC near the U.S. Capitol, federal courts, and the Department of Justice headquarters.
Grand Prairie Office Complex
The Grand Prairie Office Complex, located in Grand Prairie, Texas, was created to better serve employees and consolidate various processes to achieve more streamlined, efficient, and cost-effective Bureau-wide operations. It contains three components, each specializing in a unique subject:
- the Human Resource Services Center
- the Designations and Sentence Computation Center,
- the Field Acquisition Office.
This Office Complex includes more than 500 employees with expertise in human resources; inmate classification, designations, and sentence calculation; and financial management.
Six regional offices provide oversight and technical assistance to the facilities located in their respective region of the country. In addition to providing operational oversight, regional office staff conduct workshops, conferences, and specialized training programs for their region; assist state and local criminal justice agencies; and contract to provide offender placement in residential reentry centers.