Safety Compliance Specialist
Job Series Number: 0018
Pay Levels GS-05, GS-07
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with major study in safety or occupational health fields such as Safety, Occupational Health, and Industrial Hygiene.
A degree in a related field that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of study among the following disciplines:
- Occupational health
- Industrial Hygiene
- Occupational Medicine
- Public Health
- Biological Sciences
- Industrial Psychology
- Experience in scientific or technical work that provided an understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the safety and occupational health field.
Certification that included successful completion of a written examination such as:
- Certification as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Health Physicist (CHP)
For consideration at the GS-07 level
For consideration at the GS-09 level
We are hiring for this position at many locations across the country.
Normally when a vacancy is announced, it's for a job opening at a specific location. However, because this position is in high demand it's considered an "open-continuous" announcement. That means you get to choose your top two facilities that you want to work at. Here's how it works:
Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other federal job.
Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.
It's that simple!
Do your career justice
Come and work for a one of the most unique agencies in the United States Department of Justice where each employee's day-to-day performance makes a difference. Our family and career-oriented agency promotes integrity, diversity, and professional development.
- A supportive, safe, and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A competitive federal government salary and benefits, including health care and retirement.
- Potential for recruitment incentives.
- Flexible work options.