Information Technology Specialist
Job Series Number: 2210
Pay Levels GS-05, GS-07, GS-09, GS-11, GS-12, GS-13
For consideration at the GS-05 level
- Computer Science
- Information Science
- Information Systems Management
- Operations Research
- Other course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs and systems, providing equivalent knowledge to a major in the computer field.
A basic knowledge of data processing functions, general management principles, and an understanding of the stages required to automate a work process. This experience may have been gained in one of the following positions:
- Computer Operator
- Computer Assistant
- Computer Sales Representative
- Program Analyst
- Other position that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems
For consideration at the GS-07 level
1 year of specialized experience (equivalent to at least the GS-05 level) that includes:
- Translating detailed logical steps developed by others into code that computers accept
- Understanding procedures and limitations of a programming language
For consideration at the GS-09 level
1 year of specialized experience (equivalent to at least the GS-07 level) that demonstrates you have a knowledge of computer requirements and techniques when carrying out tasks related to project assignments. For example, given detailed specifications, you made minor modifications to parts of a computer system.
For consideration at the GS-11 level
1 year of specialized experience (equivalent to at least the GS-09 level) that demonstrates accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques.
We are hiring for this position at many locations across the country.
Normally when a vacancy is announced, it's for a job opening at a specific location. However, because this position is in high demand it's considered an "open-continuous" announcement. That means you get to choose your top two facilities that you want to work at. Here's how it works:
Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other
Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.
It's that simple!
Please consider the following locations that have immediate vacancies:
Computer Services Manager
Do your career justice
Come and work for a one of the most unique agencies in the United States Department of Justice where each employee's day-to-day performance makes a difference. Our family and career-oriented agency promotes integrity, diversity, and professional development.
- A supportive, safe, and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A competitive federal government salary and benefits, including health care and retirement.
- Potential for recruitment incentives.
- Flexible work options.