Health System Administrator
Job Series Number: 0670
Pay Levels GS-12
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience in progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field. In this role, you must have:
- Worked in an authoritative or advisory role over an operating health care facility or higher organizational echelon
- Maintained a close working relationship with facility managers
- Analyzed and/or coordinated administrative, clinical, or other service activities
- Provided knowledge of:
- missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems
- regulations and standards of various regulatory and credentialing groups
- government-wide, agency, and facility systems
- requirements in various administrative areas such as budget, personnel, and procurement
Demonstrated management skills with the ability to:
- delegate authority
- evaluate and oversee people and programs
- recognize and adapt to changing priorities
You must have knowledge about the interrelationships and interdependencies among various medical and administrative services and programs.
We are hiring for this position at many locations across the country.
Normally when a vacancy is announced, it's for a job opening at a specific location. However, because this position is in high demand it's considered an "open-continuous" announcement. That means you get to choose your top two facilities that you want to work at. Here's how it works:
Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other
Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.
It's that simple!
Please consider the following locations that have immediate vacancies:
Commissioned Corps USPHS
Join the leader in Correctional Health Care
We value your unique contribution to our collaborative team medicine approach of providing health care. Come and experience a level of clinical diversity and continuity of care not commonly available in the private sector.
- A supportive, safe, and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A competitive federal government salary and benefits, including health care and retirement.
- Potential for loan repayment.
- Potential for recruitment incentives.
- Flexible work options.