Solicitations & Awards
How we make solicitations
To maximize competition when purchasing services and supplies we:
- notify interested vendors registered in the System for Award Management at www.sam.gov
- place notices of planned acquisitions on the Government electronic point of entry
- display a copy of the solicitation information pertaining to the requirement at the contracting office
FBO: The most comprehensive and effective method to receive solicitations
It's mandatory for all Federal agencies to post business-related items to a website maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA). Known as Federal Business Opportunities (FBO) (www.fedbizopps.gov) this electronic point of entry system provides the most comprehensive and effective method to receive solicitations. Acquisition information is publicized solely through this site; therefore, companies wishing to do business with the BOP are strongly encouraged to become familiar with it and register for solicitations notifications in their area of expertise.
What is posted to the FBO website?
- notices of proposed government purchases exceeding $25,000
- subcontracting leads
- contract awards
- sales of surplus property
- foreign business opportunities
- purchases that are to be made exclusively from small businesses
Current Solicitations & Awards
Faith-based and community organizations have the right to submit offers/bids equally with other organizations for contracts for which they are eligible. All parties should check the contract announcements mentioned above for eligibility.
Interested parties are responsible for monitoring the FBO website for the most up-to-date information about Bureau of Prisons (BOP) acquisitions exceeding $25,000. Vendors interested in learning how to navigate this website can access the FBO's Vendors Guide. Interested vendors can also search BOP solicitations and related documents exceeding $25,000.
Please read the FBO.GOV Vendor Guide before attempting to search the BOP solicitation files.