Job Series Number: 0101
Pay Levels GS-09, GS-11
- 4 year degree that included at least 24 semester hours in courses such as:
- Correctional administration
- Criminal justice
- Government/Political Science
- Social work
- Other related social or behavioral science courses
- Combination of experience and education (at least 24 semester hours in the behavioral or social sciences) that resulted in the same knowledge gained.
For consideration at the GS-09 level
- 2 years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Master's Degree
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level that was gained in:
- Casework in a correctional institution or in another criminal justice setting
- Counseling in any setting provided it required diagnostic or treatment planning skills to achieve specific social or occupational goals
- Work treating persons in need of social rehabilitation
For consideration at the GS-11 level
- 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. You must demonstrate how the education has provided you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to carry out the work related to this occupation.
- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level
We are hiring for this position at many locations across the country.
Normally when a vacancy is announced, it's for a job opening at a specific location. However, because this position is in high demand it's considered an "open-continuous" announcement. That means you get to choose your top two facilities that you want to work at. Here's how it works:
Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other federal job.
Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.
It's that simple!
Do your career justice
Come and work for a one of the most unique agencies in the United States Department of Justice where each employee's day-to-day performance makes a difference. Our family and career-oriented agency promotes integrity, diversity, and professional development.
- A supportive, safe, and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A competitive federal government salary and benefits, including health care and retirement.
- Potential for recruitment incentives.
- Flexible work options.